ENT LAB - HEADSHOTS INFO
- BACKGROUND SHOULD BE SOLID COLOR THAT CONTRASTS YOUR FACE AND YOUR HAIR COLOR. BACKGROUND SHOULD NOT CONTAIN MULTIPLE OBJECTS (TREES, CARS, FURNITURE, ETC.) OR MULTIPLE COLORS SINCE THESE TAKE AWAY ATTENTION FROM YOUR FACE.
- We need headshots to "pop" so that when casting directors skim through thousands of headshots yours stand out. Do as many looks as possible.
- As the photographer is shooting try to do these FIVE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS for almost every look: serious (subtle), serious (with attitude), open wide smile (visible teeth), subtle smile (teeth not visible) and quirky.
-Please, show different hairstyles: actresses should do ponytail, curly, straight hair, etc. and actors should do photos with shaven and unshaven look (beard and/or mustache), messy hair and clean cut.
- There shouldn't be any artsy shadows going over your face. Hair should never cover bigger parts of the face.
- Adding (normal size, thin) reading glasses, hats, jewelry, etc. to your looks gives variety to the types of roles you will be considered for.
- Photographer should NOT cut any parts of the head (they usually chop part of upper hair or an ear because they want to be artsy; please tell them not to do this). We need mostly frontal shots of the face and no strange angles and rotations.
- If your body doesn't have an "average" body shape (if you are very skinny, heavy set, tall, short, muscular, runway model, etc.) it would be great to get some bodyshots (head to toe) as well.
- Photographer should give us access to photos that are at least 1MB each in size and not bigger than 5MB. You can transfer all the photos to us via www.dropbox.com for free (DO NOT share dropbox folder with us. Only copy paste and send us dropbox gallery link) or ask photographer to give you the photo gallery website link that allows us to download any photo on there for free. WE DO NOT ACCEPT Argentum photo lab and Reproductions gallery links, since they do not allow free access to high resolution photos and we must have high resolution.
- Every actor should have this variety of photos (see embedded example photo below) on all profiles. Please make sure you have a wide variety of different OUTFITS/CLOTHES to showcase characters that you can reasonably see yourself playing, as well as a few special skill showcasing photos (like the soccer player and skier photo below). For example: nurse, school kid, blue collar, young mom/dad, comedy/improv/quirky look, office worker, high-end upscale/wealthy look, hipster/rocker/fashionista, tough/edgy/gang member/drug addict/punk, server/retail, tomboy look, athletic, army uniform, cop uniform, etc.
- These are some of the good photographers we have worked with. Any other respectable photographer would be great though. When choosing photographers and comparing their prices please keep in mind that we need as many looks as possible and that we will ask you to upload 6-10 photos on each of the websites: Actorsaccess, Lacasting and Castingfrontier (each photo on Actorsaccess costs $10; Lacasting charges $25 for the first photo and $15 for each additional photo; Castingfrontier requires $89/year membership that will allow you to upload 10 photos). If one of the photographers you call to book a photoshoot with is unavailable in the next 7 days just hang up and call the next photographer on the list. There are way too many photographers in Los Angeles to have to wait a few weeks for headshots to be shot.
THEATRICAL & COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS:
The Burbank Headshot Company - $120 for 1 hour
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 818.568.3128
Molly Pan Photography - $200 for 1 hour
Contact: (612) 991-9591; email@example.com
Brian Parillo Photography - $325 for 5 looks
Contact Brian Parillo: 323 229 7114 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie Headshots - Kids: $350 - 4 looks. Adults: $395 - 3 looks
contact: Angie Lee, email@example.com; 626 864 3028
Brandin Photography - $395 for 4 looks
contact: Brandin Shaeffer - 310.622.5819; firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazing Headshots - kids under 12 - $400, adults /teens: $450- 3 looks, $525- 4 looks, $600 - 5 looks
contact: Shandon Youngclaus, email@example.com; 818.766.8389
David Muller Photography - $575 for 4 looks
Contact: 213-309-3405 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanie Poyey Photography - $675 for 4 looks
contact: Vanie Poyey; email@example.com ; (323) 856-6156
Headshots by JD - $400 for 3 looks
contact: 310 869 9148 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawkey Photos - $285 for 2 looks
contact: Molly Hawkey, email@example.com; 323-304-2057
Paul Smith Photography - $695 for 3 looks
Contact: 323-463-8864; firstname.lastname@example.org
Nora Schäfer Photography - $350 for 5 looks
contact: Nora Shafer, 310.889.4610; email@example.com
Contact: Christopher Toshiro Shintani, firstname.lastname@example.org; 323 547 5666
Daniel Yoon Photography
Contact: Daniel Yoon, Daniel@daniel-yoon.com
Matthias Brandt Photography - $350 for 1.5 hour (fashion/modeling photos)
Contact: Matthias Brandt, 415 248 6737; email@example.com
Philippe Mcclelland Photography - $450 for 1 hour (fashion/modeling photos)
Contact: Philippe Mclelland, 323 353 1153; firstname.lastname@example.org